Friday, September 19, 2014

Fwd: Jljmbaker asks who framed Roger (Goodell) Rabbit with his week 4 selections.

Has there been a Roger Goodell sighting since he was interviewed by a CBS reporter? Seems that no one knows, or will own up to it, as to Goodell's whereabouts. Since he basically lied about no one at the NFL's league office having access to the now infamous Ray Rice's greatest hits on DVD, no one has seen nor heard from him. Meanwhile the NFL continues to have players being suspended for abuse, be it a child, or spouse, or girl friend. What is it going to take to make sir Roger own up to the fact that he lied about the Rice situation. I guarantee you this much, if a sponsor like Budweiser decides to disassociate itself from the NFL, I'll bet we will see ole Roger hop out of his bunny hole and spring into action. The Minnesota Vikings found out the hard way when Radison pulled the plug on their involvement with the team, after the Vikings decided to reinstate Adrian Peterson. At least the Vikings owner made a public statement that they screwed up with that decision and then decided to bench Adrian until there is some resolution with his case.



Enough about the NFL, this site is supposed to be about college football. By now, unless you are hanging out with Roger in his bunker, you have heard about another transgression by Jameis Winston. How many times will we here him say “that's not who I am, that's not what I am about.” Jameis, that's exactly what you are about. He has and always has been one huge screw up, going back to his high school days at Hueytown, Alabama. Since arriving at Florida State, what happened this week makes the transgression count climb to number six. What appalls the heck out of me is that this peckerhead is only suspended for one half, which basically amounts to another slap on the wrist. Jimbo Fisher didn't help matters by responding to a question about Winston's length of suspension by saying “that's how we do things here at Florida State.”



Back in 1963, Joe Namath was suspended the last game of the season and the Bowl game, as well, for a violation of team rules. Bryant had heard it through the grapevine that Namath was seen at a local diner having a few sips of beer. When Bryant asked Namath about it, Namath owned up to the truth; nevertheless, Bryant suspended him anyway. If Namath had done anything remotely close to what Jameis Winston has done so far at FSU, Bryant would have kicked him off of the team, permanently. My how times have changed. I guess this is the outcome to be expected when everything boils down to win at any cost.



Speaking of winning, I didn't do very well with last week's picks, going 6-4, with 36 points. For the season, the record stands at 23-7, with 131 points good for a percentage just above 98. Time to seek some improvement. Time for another installment of Fantasy Island; “look boss, the plane, the plane.”



Clemson @ Florida State (10) – I'm just guessing here, but I'll bet a few of you may have lowered the point value because of Winston being suspended for 30 minutes. I'm giving them 10 and hoping that I lose. Jimbo Fisher has become Bozo The Clown in his handling of his star player. As for the game, Clemson has won only once in Tallahassee; I'm hoping that they can double that number on Saturday night. Probably not. Criminoles, excuse me, Semi Holes (now I feel better), make that Seminoles over the Tigers, 34-24.



Mississippi State @ LSU (9) – With Mississippi State, it seems like we go through this same scenario every year. Great out of the gate, only to be derailed by LSU, or Auburn, or a combination of both. The last time the Dogs beat LSU was the year before Saban's arrival. By my count that is 14 in a row for LSU. Also, the last time the Dog Pound won in Baton Rouge was in 1991. Did I mention that the game was at night. That's good enough for me. Tigers over the Bullpuppies, 38-23.



Iowa @ Pittsburgh (8) – Here's a fact; I don't do very well on picking games in which Iowa is a part of. If I pick them, they implode. If I pick against them, in the words of Paul Harvey; “Now you know the rest of the story.” Two reasons as to why I'm taking Pittsburgh; first, the Hawkeyes looked terrible against Iowa State; and, second, the Panthers won at Boston College, 30-20. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Taking the Panthers over the Hawkeyes, 27-14.



Miami @ Nebraska (7) – Kudos to Al Golden and the University of Miami for giving the backup QB the boot for having a false DL and other transgressions. Are you listening Jimbo Fisher? Probably not because that's how they roll at Free Shoes University. As for the Hurricanes, a win in Lincoln would go a long way in helping the program get back on track: however, I don't think that Miami has ever won at the Corn huskers house. Look for Big Red to upend the U, and send them back to South Beach with an L, 30-17.



Oklahoma (6) @ West Virginia – Alright Bob Stooper Duck, lose this game and your credibility concerning the SEC goes right down the crapper; considering that Alabama has beaten WVU, to start the season. I probably would have picked West Virginia over the Sooners if I hadn't watched the Maryland game, last week. Nevertheless, I watched, and what I saw bothers me concerning the bad coaching decisions that Dana Holgorsen made in the second half, which almost cost the Mountaineers the victory. Pull a couple of those stunts against the likes of Oklahoma and see what happens. Regardless, I think that the Sooners will prevail in Morgantown, come Saturday night, 38-27.



Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech (5) – How in the world does a team go in to Columbus and win only to come back home the next week and lose to East Carolina. Talk about a reality check. Now, they catch Tech and that triple option offense. Also, how many times has Virginia Tech lost back to back games at home. I'm thinking that the number is very low. So low that I'm on the Gobbler bandwagon because the Yellow-jackets have no passing offense. Tech (Va) over Tech (Ga), 28-17.



Utah (4) @ Michigan – Until the B1G actually beats some of the competition from the other power conferences, I find it very hard to pick any of them, with Nebraska being the lone exception for this week (only because Miami has looked very poorly to date). I haven't seen the Utes play this season; but, I have seen Michigan play; and what I've seen out of the Wolverines has been very disturbing. One thing has been a given, Gardner continues to make glaring mistakes, week after week. I'm thinking that a loss here will have the Maize & Blue faithful start to squawk about ole Brady needing the boot. What the heck, I'll toast to cranking up the heat of Hoke's rear end; Utah over Michigan, 30-21.



Rutgers @ Navy (3) – Fifty percent of the games on this week's slate involves B1G teams. Why ESPN? What is your love affair with the B1G? Only one PAC-12 team and one SEC match up make the grade. As for this game, Navy has had an extra week to prepare for Rutgers. And the Midshipmen would like nothing better than to beat a team from one of the five power conferences. Navy over the Scarlet Knights, 23-21.



North Carolina (2) @ East Carolina – Here's another case where ESPN is in love with a particular conference, the ACC, seeing as there are six match ups on this week's slate. I know nothing concerning North Carolina. I haven't seen them take a snap this season. We all know what East Carolina did to Virginia Tech, last week. I'm picking the Tar Heels because they are seeking revenge over the Pirates from last year's loss. North over East, 28-24.



Maryland @ Syracuse (1) – And finally, the “Who Cares” game of the week. Really ESPN; is this the best that you Einsteins could come up with? This is one game that I have ZERO interest in. I'll take the home team only because that I have to pick a side. The Orangemen (opps, I forgot, they are just the Orange; don't want to offend anyone), over the Turtles, 31-30.

Well, another week has bitten the dust. I make no apologizes concerning my rant against Jimbo Fisher and that stupid quarterback of his. As usual, tread at your own risk, particularly concerning my love affair, or the lack there of, where B1G teams are in play. Everyone have a great weekend and enjoy the games; and Roll Tide.

Jljmbaker

No comments:

Post a Comment