Friday, October 18, 2013

hoping to avoid another "CHOKE" job with his week 8 selections

By "choke: job, I'm talking Chokelahoma and that golden egg laid by Bob Stooper Duck's Sooners.  This is the same Stoops that came out after his team beat up on the Irish proclaiming that his team could play defense as good as any of the SEC teams, if not better.  Come again, Bob.  Would you care to revise your BS statement?  Bob has become so infatuated with the SEC, that he forgot to prepare his team for Texas.  From the looks of it, Oklahoma took the entire week off leading up to the Texas game.  Got to hand it to ole Bob, he had me drinking the kool-aid.  I'm just thankful that he didn't follow Jim Jones' recipe, when he prepared his batch, because that crap that he put on the field, darn near killed me just watching it.  I can't remember when I lost a 10 point game in this contest.  I guarantee you that I will not forget this one anytime soon.  Heck, I called him out two weeks ago.  Looks like I didn't learn anything; however, you can bet the farm that I will take a different approach where Chokelahoma is concerned, in future endeavors.  Okay, enough about Bob for now.  Don't worry, he will say something stupid within the next three or four weeks; probably about the SEC, again.



 
Meanwhile, did any of you catch the latest Les Miles rant?  All I can say is I'm thankful that God gave us Les Miles; he is truly cheap comedy relief. For those of you that may have missed it, here's what ole Les said to a reporter after LSU beat Florida and the reporter asked Les if his team was the "nail" and Florida was the "hammer," after last year's game in Gainesville:   
“I’ve got a question for you,” he said. “It was a 14-6 game. We played our bleeps off. How anybody could pick the hammer and the nail, when in fact, that hammer or nail, we catch a ball down there, we’re fixing to take the lead, and we turn it over. Explain to me how Kevin Minter, who set the damn near career tackle record in that game, how anybody could say hammer and nail?



 
“I can tell you right now, here’s what happens: Two very quality teams take the field an compete like a son of a bleep for victory. You know what? It’s not a hammer and a nail relationship. It’s an opportunity for an opponent to be equal and to raise their level of play in such a fashion that they win. That’s how this thing works. In fact, you respect the opponent. He’s not the hammer and he’s not the frickin’ nail, OK? He’s the opponent. You understand?



 
I’m just letting you know, I resent that. I resent the fact that suddenly, we were nail, you got it? Honest to Pete. We were a pretty good team last year. I thought we played like a son of a bleep in that stadium. I’m just letting you know, I felt differently than the nail, so you know.” 



 
Keep in mind, I had to edit three words from his rant so it would post on this junior daycare center site.  Last, but certainly not least; how about the Pac-12 North division.  It's starting to look a lot like the SEC West.  At the top, Alabama and Oregon are pretty much the same.  Next, Stanford mirrors LSU, and Washington is probably close to Texas A&M.  Oregon State and Auburn are close to being the same, with a slight edge to the Beavers.  Ole Miss might be a little ahead of the curve over Washington State; and finally, Mississippi State holds an edge over California; but, not by much.  I left out Arkansas; nevertheless, the only people that care are the ones that live in "The Natural State."  BTW-Arkansas used to be called "The Land of Opportunity" state, if you can believe that.  I know that some of you are going to "dog me out," for comparing the two; but, just remember, it's my opinion, and as we all know, I'm not always correct.  If you would like to prove me wrong, I don't mind logical reasoning; however, don't make a blanket post about the SEC is this or that because it has won the last seven crystal balls.  This is a new year; treat it as such.



 
And now, from the "They said it Department, part two:"  Steve Spurrier is as bad, or probably worse, when it comes to running his yapper.  After his chickens placed that beat down on Arkansas, he stated:  “I do feel badly for Arkansas. That’s no fun getting your butt beat at home, homecoming and all that.”  And yesterday, at Spurrier's news conference, when he was asked about playing Tennessee, at Neyland Stadium, He said:  I've coached more games at Neyland Stadium (14), than some of their coaches have."  Keep in mind that this is the same coach that said back in the 90's that you couldn't spell Citrus without the letters "UT," being in it; making reference to Tennessee's second place finish six out of seven years, behind the Gators, placing them in the Citrus Bowl (which is now the Capital One Bowl).  Leave it to Spurrier, that is one coach who is truly full of himself, or full of something else that rhymes with "quit." 



 
As for last week, I went 7-3, with 36 sunflower seeds.  For the year, the record is 52-18, with 302 points, good for 96.7%, in this contest.  I need to step it up a tad; or, I'm going to be left hung out to dry.  On a positive note, there's no Chokelahoma on this week's list of games, so hopefully I will not make a 10 point mistake.  We will see, since the jury is still out on that situation.  Time to reveal what you really came here to read about; my stupidity on picking games. 



 
LSU (10) @ Ole Miss - What started out as a promising season, is quickly turning into an utter disaster for the Rebels.  With a loss to the Bengal Tigers on Saturday, it will mark the fourth straight for the Rebel faithful.  Look for Les Miles to break out the "hammer," and "nail" the "frickin" lid to the coffin on old Rebel Yell; LSU over Mississippi, 33-20.



 
Oregon State (9) @ California - This is my "be careful" game of the week.  Think about it, California hasn't done jack, all season.  Oregon State has reeled off five straight since they lost to EASTERN WASHINGTON, at the beginning of the season.  Every year, Mike Riley losses a game or two that he SHOULD win.  Could this be his second brain poot for the season?  Highly unlikely; nevertheless, you might want to be careful where you place this game in regards to confidence points.  I had to place them here since I've picked three under dogs to win (according to Vegas), which will be further down the list.  As for this game, if everything goes according to plan, the Beavers will have the Bears seeking a cave for their winter hibernation, OSU over Cal, 44-27.



 
South Carolina (8) @ Tennessee - Bad as I hate to do it, here is where Spurrier and his wet hens land for this week.  As of this moment, South Carolina is running on all cylinders; and, as an added bonus, their team is basically injury free.  Tennessee is starting to show signs of improvement; however, looking back on "Georgia Time," that close call doesn't look all that impressive, after all.  At least not where South Carolina is concerned.  The Roosters do a lot of crowing in scratching out a "W," over the Vols, 41-24.



 
Auburn @ Texas A&M (7) - Last season, A&M hung 60 something on Auburn, down on the plains.  By the time A&M rolled into Auburn, the Tigers had already mailed it in, last season.  I do think the Aggies have too much offense for Auburn to keep up with; but, I do look for this game to be a lot closer than what happened last season.  Nevertheless, in the end, the Aggies will prevail.  A&M over Auburn, 43-28.



 
UCLA @ Stanford (6) - So this is the game that the Einsteins at ESPN have on upset alert, for this week.  Two things working against UCLA here:  First, Stanford is home, at the Farm; a place where they have lost only twice in the last four plus seasons; and, second, Stanford hadn't lost back to back games in nearly five years.  And further, I'm not sold on UCLA; at least not yet.  Look for the Cardinal to bounce back from last week's loss at Utah, over the Bruins, 36-27.



 
USC @ Notre Dame (5) - I know that USC won a game; so what.  Look at who they beat.  Rich Rod's (man am I glad that he turned down Bama and went back to WVU; how's that worked out for ya Rich?) Arizona team.  As for the Irish, they took the week off; and guess what?  I still hate the stinking Irish.  Now, ole Uncle ED and his players are flying on cloud nine.  The USC players are all happy to have him running the sideline, all is well in the locker room, practice is great, yadda, yadda, yadda.  Come Saturday, it will be the Same Old Lang Syne, for the Trojans.  Notre Dame over USC, 28-24.



 
Washington (4) @ Arizona State - Okay Leehawk, I'm picking your puppies.  Here is one of those games in which I think that the wrong team is favored.  Washington is very close in style to Stanford, a team which hammered (there's that word again) Arizona State.  I realize that UW is coming off of two straight, tough losses; nevertheless, they are solid on both sides of the ball, something that the Sun Devils are not.  Look for the Huskies to out run Arizona State, 38-33.



 
Florida @ Missouri (3) - Here's Florida, you know, the team that got "nailed" by LSU, last week.  Now, in the words of Willie Nelson, they are "On The Road Again," in Missouri.  I can't remember when Florida has traveled for a regular season game, this far from the Sunshine State.  If the Tigers can keep the turnovers to a minimum, they will win this game.  Plus, I think that Florida is spent after that emotional game with LSU.  For the second week in a row, a Tiger team claws out a victory over the Gators; Missouri over Florida, 24-19.



 
TCU @ Oklahoma State (2) - Tough call, here.  The ONLY reason that I'm picking the Pokes is that TCU is on the road.  The Frogs can't seem to locate their "Jumping Gear," away from Fort Worth.  For all of the pre-season hoopla, OSU hasn't been as advertised, either.  Any who, I'll risk two points on the home team, here.  Ok. State over the Horned Frogs, 23-21.



 
Florida State @ Clemson (1) - After what I saw of Miami, last night, this is the game that will decide the ACC championship; unless Virginia Tech does something special.  As for this game, I like my chances with the veteran quarterback over the rookie QB.  Also, Clemson has played a tougher schedule.  Let's hope that the game lives up to all of the hype; I betting that it will.  Tigers over the Seminoles, 34-31.



 
Well, that puts the wraps on another week of fun.  Tread at your own risk because I'm not responsible if you follow this mess.  Everyone have a great and safe weekend.  Until we meet again, enjoy the games; and, Roll Tide.
 
Jljmbake

No comments:

Post a Comment